How To Increase CTR, CPC and Your Adsense Earnings
Ok this is some informations i have collected on differents forums but it was so useful for me and i decide to merge all my knowledges.
I know it’s a bunch of text but I’M SURE IT WILL WORKS FOR YOU !
1. Text ads pay more than image ads.
2. Text ads has less chance to be converted into a Public Service Ads than Image ads.
3. Ad blending has something to do with Click rate.(Will Be Described Below)
4. More Ads = Less chance to get the highest paying Ad. So in fact, Less Ads = More Pay.
Chapter -1 Abolishing Adblindness
Ad blindness is when you have a website with a great traffic, where a Good Percent are
Return Visitors. Those visitors basically know where your ads are, and know what all are ads in your blog, and what aren’t. So, in the end, they never give you Ad Clicks anymore, but will still give you Imps which will ultimately reduce your CTR which will make the PPC Less for the remaining clicks of the day.
1.2 Factors Affecting Ad blindness
Having an Ad in your site/blog is the only requirement to be affected with Ad blindness.
The Trick or No, Its not a trick, Its just a Wise Tactics, which will Ultimately get your free from
1.3 The AdBlindness Killer
So here starts the method.
1. Basically, Select a nice template, (3 Column or Magazine template is recommended) which
you personally like, or which you think will make your visitor stick into your site.
2. Configure all the widgets that you need, or even CSS edits incase you want the theme to be furnished a bit more. DONT PUT YOUR ADS NOW.
3. Now, Go to your Cpanel, Into the templates folder, and Download the template. This can be done through FTP too.
4. Now, Rename the theme folder in your PC to maintheme2 and save. And Make copies of the folder and name them like maintheme3, maintheme4 and so on. (you can use any word instead of main theme.)And upload those to the themes directory. Make sure you have at least 4-5 including the original theme.
5. Now from your wordpress dashboard, Place the ads in the activated template which you have already placed widgets in. It is recommended to put the ads directly into the template rather than keeping ads in the sidebars.
6. Save the template. And now activate maintheme2 and put the ads, but make sure you don’t keep them in the same place as the previous one. Make it entirely different as possible. Similarly, work up with the remaining ones and save them too.
7. Now you just have to change the theme once a day, or twice a day, or even thrice a day. And it will efficiently Increase your Revenue since no one seems to be coped with your ad placement.
And this plugin does the thing its own!! wordpress. org/extend/plugins/motif-blog-theme-changer/ so you don’t have to worry about. And It’s better to delete wordpress default templates.(I heard That It Has been Suspended, Well, This Method is Not So Mandatory, Just Read On till The End!)
Chapter -2 Adblending (A Complimentary Topic to Chapter 1)
This is something very important to care about if you are working on the Adblindness Killer method. Almost all people know to edit the template, and put in the ads at custom places, but many of them don’t know how it should look. So that’s it!! We should focus on it.
As I Divide Ad blending into 3, here are they
1. Fault (Default) – Yes, it is a fault to use the Default ads from Adsense. Because, they basically show no creativity. But, in occasions, they too do magic.
2. Complimentary – See, You have a blog with White background and Black Text with Green Buttons or Menu Headers or similar. Then, If you opt for a white background Ad with Black Text, You Are in this Category. Or even White and Green Comes inside this.
3. Contrasting – Wow, One of the best methods to make the ad Look sleek to the template and to attract some Clicks to it. As said in the above case, to be a bit different, if you opt for a Green Background Ads with White text, you are a Contrasting Guy! So, once if you are into placing ads, you should blend it properly before applying on to a Blog.
Chapter – 3 CTR Booster Method
This method should go together with the first one, i.e the AdBlindness Killer. And only thing you will have to change is regarding the Ad placement.
1. After you make And upload the same theme into maintheme2, 3 ,4 and 5, Open your Adsense account.
2. Go to Channels under Adsense Setup.
3. Make Channels like aa1, aa2, aa3 and ab1, ab2 etc etc for the whole themes!(Here, i am assuming that you will be putting 3 adblocks in your site and you have themes up to maintheme4)
4. Make your ads now, assign each ad to its corresponding channel and put in the corresponding theme. and So, in short, you will have 15 Channels with 1 ad each on them, i.e 15 Ads in total distributed 3 into 5 themes.
That’s it, the theme Rotator plugin will automatically rotate the themes and hence, different adblocks will be shown rather than showing the same ad for the whole day. Here is a simple math to show that is useful.
Assume, the adclick pays $10 for a single click on 100% CTR. And you have 60 Impressions and
3 Clicks for the whole day. Assume Ads are clicked after 10,20,30,50 Imps Respectively.(Those Imps are on Equivalent time.)
And it will be going down the whole day, until there are some massive clicks coming in. Now see the advanced method.
Since there are 5 themes, and rotator is assigned to rotate on the right gap, and as click are
Assumed to come uniform in time, each theme gets equal imps and equal Clicks
So That’s It!! Apply Both Methods together using the Chapter 2 Which deals about Ad blending. it is better if you make 5 theme copies in which 2 are Contrasting and 2 are Complimentary and 1 is Default. (Default can be avoided and tried with some other colors.)
Simple Money Maker – No Theme, Nothing, Just a Plugin Will Do!
This method is same of what explained above, but executing it with a cause of just 5 Minutes! Yeah, 5 Minutes can probably multiply your CTR and hence your Earnings!
I am taking the responsibility to explain you the steps again.
1. Have a Good theme in your site. Preferably 3 Columns or Magazines.
2. Go to Adsense, Login, Move to Adsense Setup, Take Channels.
3. Make channels like a1,a2 ,a3 Up to how many you like! Maximum 10 J
4. Make ads Of the sizes you need, and Add them to the channels, Each ad to each channel!
5. And Install DataFeedr Ad Rotation Plugin!
6. Insert Your Adcodes into it!
7. Simply insert the Plugins PHP Syntax to the place you need the ads.
8. It will automatically Rotate your ads, and Check Your Adsense Stats and be Happy! J
(~Reason Explained Above~ )
After playing around with AdSense for a while, I have started to employ a new technique to increase CPC and CTR – at the same time!
In order to increase CTR, you want to eliminate ads that you know are very unlikely to be clicked. I use the followings steps to accomplish this:
Visit your pages and look at the AdSense ads that are being displayed. If you think they are unlikely to be clicked on, chances are your visitors will agree. Note the advertiser and add it to the Competitive Ad Filter in AdSense your AdSense account. This will eliminate that advertisers ads from showing up on your page.
Repeat Step 1 over and over until you are getting ads that you think are likely to get clicks and none that you think are unlikely to get clicks.
Once you have identified some ads that you feel are likely to be clicked on, head over to keywordspy.com and spyfu.com and do a little research on the advertisers publishing those ads (plenty of existing threads explain how to use those two sites).
Now, you have a list of advertisers and all of the relevant keyword information – including how much they pay per click, how much they spend daily, where they rank for each keyword, etc). You are half way there!!!
Next, you will need to know what keywords your page ranks for. I use Market Samauri to track my keyword ranking – surely you have some way of accomplishing the same thing. It isn’t important how you get your keyword list, just that you have it.
Now, it’s time to increase CPC.
For each of the advertisers you identified in the process above, identify the ones that are ranking in the top 3 for your keywords.
Then, note the average amount they pay for a click for these keywords.
After going through your list of keywords and advertisers, you will have a list of advertisers, keywords and estimated payment for each click.
At this point, you want to try to get AdSense to show the ads that you feel will likely get clicked more often and have a higher CPC.
To increase the likelihood that AdSense puts ads from these advertisers, mention the advertisers and product names in your page content. It doesn’t matter how you do it, but mention the advertisers name and/or product in your page content a few times.
AdSense will see the following
1) You mentioned certain advertisers in your page content.
2) The keywords your page is ranking for is very high on the list of words that said advertiser is targeting.
These two factors will increase your chances of getting ads by these advertisers – which you know have a high CPC and you THINK will have a high CTR.